Sunday, September 2, 2012

Goodbye August and hello September!

I did a fairly decent job of sticking with my healthy eating plan...until the last week.  I am going to start over.  As my good friend recently told me, every time you put food into your mouth, you have to make a conscious decision.  So, there you go.  That is what I am doing.  Looking for FUEL for my body...not just comfort.

I do have to say that I have begun craving fruit.  I LOVE that.  So, I am keeping fruit stocked in my fridge.  Sam's Club has had amazing fruit this year! 

The best part about the small changes I have made are that I am seeing a difference in what my children are eating.  On a recent, unexpected road trip, I stopped at a food mart so the boys could pick out snacks for the long drive.  Guess what they chose?  Pretzels, grapes and pistachios.  What????  Totally their choice.  I in no way encouraged, persuaded, etc.  I did tell them how proud I was of their healthy choices.  :)

So, today, I started the Couch to 5K program.  Have you heard of this?  I did about the first three weeks a couple of years ago.  I decided that my health needs a healthy kick in the butt, so why not a program of tortuous running?  I am sure it will get better...I am just a lot heavier than I was the last time I did it.  My legs were like lead!  But, I will keep trying...as long as I can walk tomorrow.  :)  If you want to read about the program, you can find information about it here.  I HIGHLY recommend you download the app to your iphone, ipod, etc.  You can play your favorite music and the app will tell you when to run, walk, etc.  It is very helpful.  :)

After making it through my first running day, I was extra motivated today.  So, I took my boys out for a walk/run.  Well...I walked...they rode a bike and a scooter.  :)  Good day.

What are your fitness goals over the next week?  Here are mine:

1. Complete the first week of Couch to 5K (1 day down, 2 to go!)
2. Follow a healthy eating plan 4/7 days
3. Begin stretching or doing some light yoga 3/7 days.  My legs are TIGHT!

Have a healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment