Thursday, April 26, 2012

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OK.  That is over.  I realize that we all, especially busy moms, have to vent a little and have a little stress reduction.  We also have to take time for ourselves (hence the purpose of this blog).  After my little guy was so sick last week, I was nervous about leaving him at home with his dad and brother as I went to a national conference and visited my grandparents.  Well, he is fine (thank goodness!).  And, my visit with my grandparents before conference started was WONDERFUL.  

I am so blessed to have ALL FOUR of my grandparents still in my life.  Three of them will turn 85 this year (if I am doing my math correctly).  I was so fortunate to be able to see them this week.  I had the opportunity to help them out a bit, which is so important to me because I live so far away.  So, it was in the attempt to be helpful that I was so worried about my grandmother (all 4'9" 93 pounds of her) falling, that I followed her all around the basement ready to "catch" her if she fell.  Turns out...I needed someone to catch me!  Yep!  I FELL DOWN HER STAIRS.  How completely embarrassing, and not at all graceful.

Results of my fall.


My sweet almost 85-year old grandfather took me to the ER in their small little town.  No breaks, but LOTS of swelling!  So, I am officially laid up (and in desperate need of a pedicure).  Not a real lucky start to this blog thing, but things can only go up from here, right?  I am glad I have some core workouts for the floor!

In more fun news, I joined a team and am participating in the Columbia Slimdown Challenge.  I am very excited.  I think working on a team will be GREAT motivation for dropping some "L-bees".  (lbs)  You can read more information regarding the challenge here.

When I can walk again, (hopefully soon) I will again log my walks on an app I downloaded on my phone, map my walk.  You can use their website or download an app.  I LOVE this app.  I hope to purchase some of the accessories so I can get more precise measurements.  When I do, I will let you know!  To find out more information on the app, click here.

My goal before my next post:  Complete another set/round of ab exercises from previous post.

I will work my core even with a swollen and sore ankle!  What is YOUR excuse?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment